Rocky Horror at the Pajama Factory has become a tradition around these parts, the perfect way to get in the spirit of Halloween!
Starting this Thursday!
- Thursday October 27 at 7pm
- Friday October 28 at 7pm and 11pm
- Saturday October 29 at 7pm and 11pm
Don’t miss out, get your tickets in advance.
More Info and RSVP on the Facebook Event Page
Nice article in today’s Business Section of the Sun Gazette, reporting on the meeting held the other night at Way Cool Beans, looking to bring Uber to Williamsport.
You can read the whole thing here…
Comments Off on Thanks, Williamsport Sun-Gazette!
Just got word that our own David Becker will be the featured artist at the Genetti in November!
If you haven’t seen David’s work, do get down to this showâ€”his work is thoughtful and considered, with a philosophical quality to it, much like David himself. (Congratulations on the show, Davidâ€”and love the portrait!)
Comments Off on David Becker at the Genetti
(Shared Facebook Post from the Genetti Hotel)
The Genetti Hotel & Suites Presents “Second Childhood” by David Becker
David Becker is the Bald Eagle Art League (BEAL) artist exhibiting for the month of November at the Genetti 4th Street Grille Gallery located in the Genetti Hotel and Suites. The exhibit of his work opens with a reception on First Friday, November 4th from 5pm-8pm. The exhibit is open to the public during regular 4th Street Grille hours through Tuesday, November 29th.
Pajama Jam is POSTPONED! There will NOT be any performances tonight, due to flooding and heavy rain in the area. Be safe everybody, and we’ll post details on the rescheduled date as soon as we can. Thanks for your understanding, see you soon ~ Cliff , Mike and your friends at the Pajama Factory .
Comments Off on Pajama Jam Postponed
Cliff Stevens, who’s been quite active with Val Beggs’ sewing classes, took the pattern of a hand-woven Bolivian textile and had it printed online. When the fabric arrived, he reverse-engineered his wife’s favorite top and duplicated it with the new fabric, giving her a truly wonderful gift.
Not only is this very cool, it’s the kind of thing *you* can do, when you Make What You Wear! Thanks for sharing, Cliff!
Comments Off on Here’s a great thing
…to listen to a bit of Carol Ann Simon Cillo’s gallery talk:
Comments Off on Stopped by…
What do you think? Is Williamsport ready for Uber?
This Tuesday at 6:30PM at Way Cool Beans, there will be a meeting to discuss the pros and cons of the ride-sharing service, lead by Bill Hall, who currently drives for Uber, (though he has to commute to State College to do so!)
Here’s some of the discussion points that will be covered:
- UBER now operates in all PA counties except Clinton (Lock Haven), Lycoming (Williamsport), Union (Lewisburg), Northumberland (Sunbury)
- UBER has been in State College, PA since February 2015
- DUIs in State College have been reduced by 78%
- Average time to pick up: 4 minutes
- Average fare: $6.00
- NO cash changes hands, all money runs through app
- No downtown/airport parking hassles
- Use UBER and lower the maintenance/expenses of your own vehicle
- App allows you to split fares with other people sharing your ride
- Download rider app from uber.com, sign petition
Comments Off on Come make your voice heard!
- Creates jobs
- Drive when you feel like it, anywhere in PA, NJ, MD, NY
- Must be 21, no history of DUI
- Must pass criminal history check
- Car must be 10 years old or newer
- Download driverâ€™s app to apply
- Use INVITE CODE: U1ZDSHCZUE
- After first 10 drives get $100.00 bonus if you use above code
MERRY Â â€¢ Â LOCAL Â â€¢ Â FESTIVE
Save the Date! Â
Our annual Holiday Market is back and better than ever.
Saturday, Dec. 3rd from 11am-7pm
Friday, Dec. 2nd from 6-9pm (exclusive sneak peek)
Due to itsÂ overwhelming success, we have added a wholeÂ extra day to shop, explore, and enjoy all there is toÂ offer. Â Grab a bite to eat from local gastro delights, andÂ support local artists &Â ourÂ community by shopping smallÂ this year!
If you are interested in becoming aÂ vendor, please visit our Vendor Registration page.
Comments Off on 7th Annual Holiday Market