Williamsport Music Scene Summit
- Location: Community Room
- (t) 215.694.0589
- (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Info on Facebook
Think of this as something along the lines of a meetup, town hall, TED-ish eventâ€”but focused entirely on the Williamsport music scene. Each music-scene-stakeholder VIP/Speaker will have up to 5 minutes to: a.) share what it is theyâ€™re doing now in Williamsportâ€™s music scene AND b.) share their ideas and vision for an even more vibrant local music scene (ex: new/diff events, venues, activities, talents, spaces, resources, buildings, technologies, organizations, collaborations, etc…). Then, we’ll open it up to the audience for 20-30 minutes where interested attendees can have the mic for up to 1 minute and share their own thought, new idea, vision, etc. for strengthening Williamsportâ€™s music scene. The intention is to create a safe and open environment for people to learn about, share, and self-organize around ideas for Williamsportâ€™s music scene and to catalyze and support those ideas so they can take root and emerge organically from the coming together of all these people, their ideas, expertises, resources, etc â€” ultimately to foster the growth of new and improved musical experiences here in Williamsport. Thatâ€™s it, and if nothing else, itâ€™ll be fun and interesting to geek out about music.
VIP speakers include (and the list keeps growing):
- Dave Brumbaugh – Executive Director /Guitar & Theory Instructor of The Uptown Music Collective
- Fred Daniele – Owner of Franco’s Lounge
- Marc Garside – Principal at EPIC Percussion
- Amanda Horn Gunderson – Assistant Professor, Music at Lycoming College
- Janet Harris – E.D. of Williamsport Symphony Orchestra
- Christopher Hayes – DyHard Entertainment
- Todd Kendall et al – Williamsport Area School District, Music Department, Band
- Jameel McAfee – WXPI Radio
- Doug McMinn – Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Reedman
- Lance Ohnmeiss – Director of the Williamsport Imperial Teteques, a community band founded in 1897.
- Dr. Eddie Severn – Jazz and Brass Director at Lock Haven University, Co-founder of the Williamsport City Jazz Orchestra, Director/Founder of the Clinton County Jazz Festival
- Bonnie Tallman – Chair/Secretary of Billtown Blues, and former (25yrs) record label owner and talent manager
- Joel Vincent – Drummer, Principal WilliamsportLive.com & Vinsense Development
- Mike Wrench – Drummer for Moxie & Reâ€¢bel; a local Indie Rock band
This event is FREE, and open to the Public. Located in the Community Room at the Pajama Factory; ground floor theater space off of the courtyard.
(image:Â Graphic notation of Konstellationen (1971) by Roman Haubenstock-Ramati)